Want to know what’s on the Disney Cruise Animator’s Palate Menu?
Animator’s Palate is one of the main dining restaurants on four of the Disney Cruise Ships.
You will find Animator’s Palate on:
- Disney Magic
- Disney Wonder
- Disney Dream
- Disney Fantasy
Animator’s Palate is very much a favorite restaurant of Disney Cruisers. It’s difficult to describe without resorting to using cliches such as “this is one of the things that just makes Disney Cruises so special”.
But it’s true.
It’s a magical experience that you just won’t find anywhere else.
The restaurant is unique in design.
The look of the Animator’s Palate restaurant is just stunning. And the shows are a whole lot of fun.
There are two different, but similar, design concepts for the two types of Disney ships that have Animator’s Palate.
The Classic ships the Wonder and Magic have the same design and shows, and the Dream and the Fantasy have the same design and shows.
I am not going to go into any detail about the Animator’s Palate shows as I think experiencing them without knowing too much is the best way.
This is about the food and the Animator’s Palate Menu.
- Blueberrilicious Tequila, fresh Blueberries, Passion Fruit Juice, Orange Flavor Liquor, and Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Great Reef Rum, Elderflower St. German, Watermelon Purée, and fresh Lime Juice
- Bora Shake Piña Colada, fresh Bananas, and Blue Ocean [Non-Alcoholic]
- Smoked Salmon Tartar with Dill, Capers, Onions, Pickles, and a Horseradish Cream & Sliced Serrano Ham with Manchego Cheese and Olive Tapenade
- Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes Pasta Purses filled with Truffle-scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce
- Tomato Tarte with Glazed Goat Cheese and shaved Radish
Soups & Salads
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Garnished with Chives and drizzled with Sour Cream
- Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives
- Arugula Leaves with Red Beets, Orange segments, and Marinated White Beans with Mustard Dressing
- Chicken and Walnut Salad with Dried Cranberries, Red Onions, and a Cranberry Dressing
- Garlic and Herb Foccacia with a Roasted Garlic Dip
- Pennette Bolognese Pennette Pasta mixed with a rich Bolognese Sauce Garnished with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano and Toasted Garlic Ciabatta
- Grilled Tuna Steak with Fingerling Confit, Caponata, Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, and Aioli
- Lemon-Thyme Marinated All-Natural Chicken Breast on top of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables, and Grain Mustard Jus
- Herb-Crusted Pork Chop Roast Pork Chop brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herbed Breadcrumbs served with Sun-dried Tomato Risotto and a Barolo Wine Sauce
- Ginger-Teriyaki dusted Angus Beef Tenderloin served on Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with Bok Choy and a Tamarind Barbecue Reduction
- Black Bean Chipotle Cakes over Corn Kernels and Brown Rice topped with Tomato-Cilantro Salsa
- Sesame Halloumi Parcels with Sweet Potato Tahini Mash and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Lighter Note Offerings
- Jumbo Shrimp Salad Poached Tiger Shrimp tossed in Lemon Olive Oil, served on diced Cucumber, Egg, and Red Onion and Garnished with Roquette Leaves
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak
- Slow-Roasted Breast of Chicken
- Oven-Baked Filet of Salmon
The above three entrées are served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Crunchy Walnut Cake Dark Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Coulis
- Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake creamy Vanilla Cheesecake with a Chocolate Fudge base
- Cookies ‘n Cream Sundae Cookies & Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Warm Sticky Date Pudding served with Butterscotch Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Phyllo Crunch
- Lemon Icebox Pie served with Lemon Curd and Berry Crème
No Sugar Added Dessert
- Deconstructed Carrot Cake a classic Carrot Cake with a twist
Animator’s Palate Menu Review
Here I am talking just about the food. Not the atmosphere or the shows.
I have experienced the Animator’s Palate Menu many times on different Disney ships. I have to say that it isn’t my favorite.
The only reason for this is that the Entrees are just not my particular taste. My family disagrees with me and you may very well!
For me, the Entrees are lacking. I don’t eat meat so this is obviously a big factor.
I always choose either a fish or a vegetarian entree. And I don’t like tuna – so this menu leaves me with vegetarian choices.
Usually, I am perfectly happy with those choices. However, here the two are just not that great in my opinion
I love Halloumi so, in theory, the Seasame Halloumi Parcels should be a favorite.
However, they should be renamed Sweet Potato Parcels as it is so difficult to actually find the halloumi! The pieces are tiny and you really can’t taste them.
The Black Bean Chipotle Cakes really aren’t my thing either. Just very dry and does not have enough sauce.
However, there are some things on the menu that are amongst my favorite of any of the Disney Cruise menus.
The Appetizers! What I do now is order more Appetizers from the Animator’s Palate Menu and skip the Entree.
The Smoked Salmon Tartare and the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes are fabulous. I have certainly been known to order more than one ….