When you sail on Disney Wish you are going to have a great many choices of where you will dine. From fine dining to fast food burgers, Disney Wish really does have it all.
When you want to step back in time and experience a sophisticated ambiance and some really good food then head to 1923 on Disney Wish.
1923 is one of three main dining restaurants on the Disney Wish Cruise ship.
In keeping with the tradition of dining on Disney ships, guests will rotate between all three dining rooms on the Wish.
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure
- Worlds of Marvel
This is known as Rotational Dining and is unique to Disney Cruise Line.
Servers move with you each day giving them the opportunity to get to know your tastes and preferences so that they can serve you best.
Disney Wish 1923 Restaurant Overview
The new 1923 Restaurant on the Disney Wish is themed as a tribute to the ones who started it all – Walt Disney and his brother Roy.
The restaurant is located just off the Grand Hall on Deck 3. You will notice that one side is dedicated to Walt Disney and the other side to his brother Roy.
The theme is the Golden Age of animated filmmaking.
The 1923 name comes from the year that The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy.
As soon as you step through the beautiful glass doors you will see just what a beautiful and sophisticated space this is.
The design and atmosphere are reminiscent of Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disneyland.
The restaurant is divided into a series of rooms – giving it a very different feel to it than the huge space of the Arendelle Restaurant.
Unusually for a Disney cruise restaurant, there are large portholes – if you manage to get allocated one of these tables they are perhaps the best seats in the house.
Take some time to look around the restaurant. The doors are open all day and you can take a look around whenever you want. It is a real treat going around the restaurant just looking at all the design features.
1923 also serves breakfast and lunch.
Don’t overlook the opportunities to dine outside of dinner time as you may find that this is one of the most enjoyable things you experience on the cruise.
You can escape the chaos of Marceline Market for breakfast and lunch and instead experience the peace and quiet of 1923!
Take some time to look at the display cabinets. These contain more than 1,000 drawings, props, and artifacts. Some of the featured movies include Alice in Wonderland, Tangled, and Beauty and the Beast.
Disney Wish 1923 Menu
The menu is inspired by the diverse cultures and influences of California. As you look through the menu you will see Asian, European, and South American cuisines.
- Alameda Porcini Spiced Ahi Tuna Pickled Lotus Root, Oyster Mushroom, Black Sesame Brittle, Wasabi and Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Hyperion Four-Cheese Tri-Color Tortelloni Meyer Lemon, Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Baby Spinach
- Burrata Mozzarella Cheese &. Prosciutto di Parma Crisp Cranberry and Sunflower Seed Phyllo, Charred Blood Orange
- Kingswell Duck Confit Pastilla Dates, Apricot, Ginger, Red Pepper, Saffron, Black Raspberry Jam
I really enjoyed this Ahi Tuna appetizer. Be aware though that the Wasabi definitely has quite a kick to it!
The Burrata Mozzarella dish was also a standout. The Hyperion Pasta was fine but nothing remarkable.
- Fennel, Bartlett Pear and Tatsoi Salad Manchego Cheese, Walnuts, Sherry Dressing
- Split Napa Baby Romaine Lettuce Caesar Dressing, Heirloom Grape Tomatoes, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Ciabatta Garlic Croutons
From the Kettle
- Pulled Guinea Hen Corn Chowder Yukon Gold Potato, Cilantro, Smoked Bacon
- Roasted Roma Tomato Soup Sourdough Purple Basil Crostini
Whilst I wasn’t too impressed with the presentation of the Napa Salad, it tasted pretty good.
- Fig and Olive Bread with Honey Butter Dip
- Tortiglioni Pasta Prosecco Cream, Pancetta, Shallots, Cremini Mushrooms, Lemon Thyme
- Seared Verlasso Salmon Filet Californian Wild Honey Parsnip Purée, Orange Fennel Essence, Sautéed Black Garlic Rapini
- Riverside Roasted Green Circle Chicken Leek Rondels, Brussels Sprouts, Yukon Potato Fondant, Honeycrisp Apple Chutney, Cabernet Sauvignon Reduction
- Italian Flat Parsley and Rosemary-crusted Rack of Lamb Dauphinoise Potato, Roasted Petite Turnip, Carrot and Zucchini, Zinfandel Rosemary Sauce
- 1923 Peppered Filet Mignon Buttered Long Green Beans, Smoked Bacon, Crushed Fingerling Potato Hash, Pink Pepper Café Au Lait
- Moroccan-Spiced Roasted Kabocha & Butternut Squash Zaalouk, Garbanzo, Cinnamon Brown Rice, Couscous, Cilantro, Arugula, Pita, Harissa Dairy Free Yogurt
- Buena Vista Soft Shell Tacos Coconut Oil Quinoa, Poblano, Sweet Bell Pepper, Salsa Fresca, Feta Cheese, Pickled Red Onions, Cashew Cream
- Los Feliz Lobster Salad Baby Bibb, Endive Lettuce, Avocado, Jicama, Celery, Purple Potato, Tostones, Black Beans, Grape Tomatoes, Cilantro, Lime
- Grilled Sirloin Steak
- Roasted Breast of Chicken
- Oven-baked Fillet of Salmon
The above three entrées are served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Churros Calientes Sugar Spice Churros, Dulce de Leche
- Flourless Orange Almond Cake Guava Gel, Lychee Yogurt Crème
- Atwater Fuji Apple Cheesecake Sweet Dough Shell, Caramelized Apples, Cinnamon Cheesecake, Rolled Oat Crumble
The real standout dessert was the Burbank Blueberry-Lemon Bavarian Cream. Beautifully presented, it tasted as good as it looked!
The Churros? Well they were pretty standard but the Dulce de Leche was delicious.
Ice Cream Sundae
- Hollywood Hills Hot Chocolate Fudge Sundae Vanilla Ice Cream, Fudge Brownie Bites, fresh Whipped Cream, Glazed Cherry
- Burbank Blueberry-Lemon Bavarian Cream Ecuador Vanilla Bean, Lemon Rocks, Dried Raspberry Meringue
No Sugar Added
- Coconut Tapioca Pudding Strawberry-Lime Salsa, Matcha Crumble
Disney Wish 1923 Drinks Menu
Every Disney Wish restaurant has a drink menu that has drinks and signature cocktails which are unique to that space.
I couldn’t resist the Lillet Experience and that was before I even knew that it included M & M’S!
Disney Wish 1923 Kids Menu
Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup – with crisp cheese twist
Goofy’s Garden Salad – with your favorite choice of dressing
Chicken Pot Pie – with carrots, potatoes, celery, and peas. Entrees served with fresh vegetables and your choice of smashed potatoes, steak fries, or macaroni and cheese.
Mini Cheeseburger – on brioche bun. Entrees served with fresh vegetables and your choice of smashed potatoes, steak fries, or macaroni and cheese.
Panko-Crusted Cod with Tartar Sauce – Entrees served with fresh vegetables and your choice of smashed potatoes, steak fries, or macaroni and cheese.
Crusty Pepperoni Pizza – Entrees served with fresh vegetables and your choice of smashed potatoes, steak fries, or macaroni and cheese.
Disney Check Meals:
Grilled Beef Tenderloin – with green beans, roasted red skin potatoes, and strawberry yogurt parfait. Served with choice of small low fat milk or water.
Whole Wheat Spiral Pasta & Tomato Sauce – with roasted sliced chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, green peas, and apple slices. Served with choice of low fat milk or water.
Warm Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie – Vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Selection of Assorted Ice Cream
Want to Know More About Disney Cruises?
Whether you are sailing on a Disney Cruise or just wondering whether to book one here are some guides to help you:
Alison Meacham is the founder of EverythingMouse Disney Blog. For over 15 years she has shared her love of Disney Parks, Disney Cruises and Universal Orlando. In over 30 years of Disney Travel she has spent countless months in Disney Parks and has sailed on over 45 cruises. A British native and now a United States resident she splits her time between California, Florida and the UK. And spends a serious amount of time sailing the seven seas. She helps over 200,000 people per month follow their Disney travel dreams.