Good news if you are just about to sail on your first Disney Cruise. New Castaway Club Members are being offered a very special bounce-back offer.
Disney Cruise Line has announced that it will offer up to $350 off a 7-night cruise for new Castaway Cay Members.
This means that if you book within 60 days after disembarking your first Disney cruise you will be offered the following savings on your next sailing.
Savings are for Inside, Oceanview, and Verandah Staterooms.
- Save $50 per stateroom per night when booking an Verandah Stateroom; maximum savings of $350 on a 7-night or longer cruise
- Save $40 per stateroom per night when booking an Oceanview Stateroom; maximum savings of $280 on a 7-night or longer cruise
- Save $30 per stateroom per night when booking an Inside Stateroom; maximum savings of $210 on a 7-night or longer cruise
Suites and Concierge, Categories with Restrictions (VGT, OGT, and IGT), and 2-night sailings are not part of this offer.
This offer does apply to bookings on the new Disney Wish – subject to block out days.
How To Book the Castaway Cay Bounce Back Offer
Remember that this is only for guests who are going to be sailing on their second Disney Cruise.
- You must book within 60 days after disembarking your first Disney Cruise.
- Your second Disney Cruise must commence within 22 months from time you made the booking.
- Limited to one booking per first time cruiser household.
- Offer available for new bookings only. You cannot cancel an existing cruise and then rebook.
- At least one Guest from your original sailing party must travel.
- Cannot be combined with any other special offers or discounts
- Excludes Suites and Concierge, Categories with Restrictions (VGT, OGT and IGT) and 2-night sailings
- Block out dates apply – see below
To book you should call (888) 418-4228, or contact your Disney Travel Agent. You need to specify that you want the Castaway Club Welcome Offer.
Castaway Club Welcome Offer Blockout Dates
The bounce-back offer is not available for any of these sailings.
Is a Disney Cruise Placeholder a Better Option?
What many first-time Disney cruisers do not know is that a great way of saving money is to book a Disney Cruise Placeholder.
This can only be booked whilst you are onboard a Disney Cruise.
Every Disney ship has a Future Cruises desk where you can discuss with the Cast Member which cruise you want to book next.
The Placeholder gives you a 10% discount on a future Disney Cruise as well as a reduced deposit of $250 per stateroom.
So it may very well be that it is a better deal to book a placeholder when you are onboard your first Disney cruise, rather than to wait to disembark and then book the Welcome Back offer.
The maximum saving on the Welcome Back deal is $350. Therefore if you are booking a 7 night Disney Cruise in a Verandah stateroom, it is highly likely that you will save more by booking a placeholder.
The cost of your cruise would have to be more than $3500 for the stateroom to make the Placeholder a better deal if you are booking a Verandah, $2800 for an Ocean View, and $2100 for an Inside stateroom.
As you can see, the Placeholder would definitely be the better offer.
What are the Castaway Club Benefits?
There are 3 different levels of the Disney Cruise loyalty program:
- Silver – Begins after your first completed cruise
- Gold – Begins after your fifth completed cruise
- Platinum – Begins after your tenth completed cruise.
Note that you move up a level after you have completed your first, fifth and tenth Disney Cruise.
Benefits range from money discounts in the store to a free Palo Brunch or Dinner, to being able to book new itineraries before they are released to the general public
You can find out all the benefits in our Ultimate Guide to Disney’s Castaway Club
Alison Meacham is the founder of EverythingMouse Disney Blog. For over 15 years she has shared her love of Disney Parks, Disney Cruises and Universal Orlando. In over 30 years of Disney Travel she has spent countless months in Disney Parks and has sailed on over 45 cruises. A British native and now a United States resident she splits her time between California, Florida and the UK. And spends a serious amount of time sailing the seven seas. She helps over 200,000 people per month follow their Disney travel dreams.