Disney Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater is one of the most fabulously themed restaurants in Walt Disney World. If you are looking for one of the most entertaining restaurants in Disney World then head to the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Photo by express monorail
You would never know from the exterior the entertainment that is inside this highly original restaurant but as you can see from the amazing picture above you are in for a treat.
Whilst some guests report that the food is rather average most everyone agrees that you can’t beat the highly original interior design!
Photo by Disney
Where else will you sit at a table which looks like a convertible car whilst watching a movie reel and be served by wait staff on roller skates? Disney’s Sci-Fi Diner is one of our definite must experience Disney World Restaurants.
You step back into the 1950s when you enter the Sci-Fi Dine-In. Lots of 1950s movie posters line the walls. When you enter the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater you will notice three things. The convertible car tables. The huge movie screen. The dark.
Most of the tables in the Disney Sci-Fi Dine-In look like convertible cars. There is a huge screen in front of you – just like an original drive-in movie theater. Most of the tables have this car design. However, always make sure that you request one if you want one (and be prepared to wait even longer).
There are some picnic type tables at the back of the room but these really aren’t anywhere near as much fun. Much of the appeal of the restaurant is sitting in the car tables so you will likely be disappointed if you don’t sit in one.
Be aware though that the car type tables are quite small and you may feel a little cramped. It is so dark it is very difficult to actually read the menus! However, we think that this just adds to the whole experience.
Photo by expressmonorail
The disadvantage of the car tables is that you are seated in rows. This is fine if you have a larger party. But if you are a couple you will most likely be sitting behind someone you don’t know and trying to eat and watch the movie reel over the top of their head!
The huge screen at the front of the restaurant shows a really entertaining movie reel that features Walt Disney himself. It is a series of clips from the 1950s Sci-fi B movies.
The main appeal of the Disney Sci-Fi Dine-In restaurant is the atmosphere and the decor. It is something that you really do need to experience at least once.
Photo by wyscan
The food in my opinion is average. Expect reasonable quality diner food and you won’t be disappointed. I know some of you are going to disagree with me and say that the food is amazing but for me, it is one of my least favorite Disney World restaurants if I am looking just at the food. However, for the fun factor, this is one of my favorites. My kids absolutely love it which is why we will always go back.
Disney Sci-Fi Diner Movie Reel
Photo by Disney
During your meal, you can watch these movie clips on the giant screen at the front of the restaurant. The reel is about 35 minutes long, so you will most likely be watching it more than once. It would be good if they could add to this so it is longer as it is a big reason why you dine in the restaurant.
- Devil Girl from Mars
- It Conquered the World
- Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
- The Amazing Colossal Man
- The Cat That Hated People
- The Horror of Party Beach
- The Giant Gila Monster
- Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster
- Plan 9 from Outer Space
- Tom and Jerry in Mouse into Space
- Invasion of the Saucer Men
- Robot Monster
- Cat-Women of the Moon
- Missile to the Moon
Disney Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater Menu
So what is on the menu at the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater? It serves lunch and dinner and here is the new dinner menu. All prices are correct in November 2020. Prices do not include tax and gratuity.
- Shrimp and Crab Fondue – Blend of Shrimp, Crab, and Cheeses with Roasted Red Peppers, Fresh Dill, and Corn Tortilla Chips. $11
- Fried Dill Pickles – served with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce $10
- Crispy Chicken Strips – Your choice of Spicy Buffalo, Chipotle BBQ, or Szechuan Sauce with celery Stiks and Blue Cheese Dressing $12
- Sci-Fi Wedge Salad – Crispy Iceberg Wedge, Grape Tomato, Bacon, Red Onions, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Radish, Balsamic Glaze, and Blue Cheese Dressing $9
- Island Cake – with Apple and Cabbage Sla and Dill Remoulade $12
Disney Sci-Fi Dine-In Menu Entrees
Photo by Disney
- Drive-in BBQ Burger – Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, Housemade BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar topped with an Onion Ring and Crispy-fried Banana Pepper $21
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – Fried Chicken Strips tossed Spicy Buffalo Sauce with Mixed Greens, Baco, Tomato, Red Onion, Cucumber, Shredded Cheddar, and Fried Tortilla Strips with Cilantro-Ranch Dressing – $16
- Oven-roasted Turkey Sandwich – House-brined Herb-roasted Turkey served on a Fresh-baked Multigrain Croissant with Bacon, Lettuce, Vine-ripened Marinated Tomatoes, and Cilantro-Avocado-Aioli – $17
- Classic American Burger – Our Signature Blend of Beef served on a Brioche Bun with Caramelized Onions, American Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce and Gourmet Tomato – $19
- Pan-seared Shrimp Pasta – Penne Pasta tossed in a Smoked Tomato Four- Cheese Cream Sauce with Baby Kale, Fennel, Zucchini, and Red Bell Peppers – $25
- Chicken Pasta – Penne Pasta tossed in a Smoked Tomato Four Cheese Cream Sauce with Baby Kale, Fennel, Zucchini, and Red Bell Peppers $24
- Sci-Fi Seasonal Specialty Burger – Please ask your Car Hop for details – $22
- Beef and Blue Burger – Our Signature Blend of Beef on a Brioche Roll topped with Blue Cheese, Onion Marmalade, Bacon, Lettuce, and a Gourmet Tomato – $19
- Flying Saucer Impossible Burger – Grilled Plant-Based Burger, Grilled Portobello Mushroom, Cashew Mozzarella, Garlic Tomato Aoili, Nut-free Pesto, Lettuce and Tomato – $20
Desserts at Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater
- Warm Glazed Doughnut – with Cinnamon Apples and topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce – $10
- House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar – Cookies and Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sauce – $9
- Hot Fudge Sundae – Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry – $8
- Cookie Shake – Nondairy Milk and Cookies topped with Coconut Whipped Cream – $7
Non Alcoholic Specialty Drinks
- The Meteor – Coco-Cola or Sprite served in a souvenir cup with a Glow Clube – $7
- Milk Shakes Chocolate, Vanilla, or Oreo Cookie Ice Cream $7
- Speciality Character Drink – Minute Maid Light Lemonade served in a souvenir Character Cup with a glowing Character Clip-on Light – $8
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Kids Menu
There are plenty of choices on the kid’s menu at Disney Sci-Fi Diner:
Appetizers For Kids
- Chicken Noodle Soup $3
- Garden Salad $3
Disney Sci-Fi Diner Entrees Kids Menu
- Beef Skewer – Served with a choice of two Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice – $12
- Chicken Strips – Served with a choice of two Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice – $11
- Cheeseburger – Served with a choice of two Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice – $12
- Macaroni and Cheese – Served with a choice of two Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice – $12
The Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater is an experience that you have to have at least once when you visit Disney World. Go for the atmosphere and not for the food and you will not be disappointed.
Do you love Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater? Tell me what you think by leaving a comment below.
You may also like:
Which is the Best Hollywood Studios Restaurant?
Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano
Walt Disney World Dining Reservations
Top 10 Best Disney World Restaurants For Boys – EverythingMouse Guide To Disney
Sunday 12th of June 2016
[…] Disney Sci-Fi Dine In Theater […]
Disney Hollywood Brown Derby
Wednesday 26th of February 2014
[...] Disney Sci-Fi Dine in Theater [...]
Thursday 14th of March 2013
Top 10 Best Walt Disney World Restaurants for Kids – EverythingMouse
Monday 30th of January 2012
[...] Disney Sci-Fi Dine in Theater [...]
Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurants
Tuesday 20th of December 2011
[...] For a full review and a look at the menu go to Disney Sci Fi Dine in Theater [...]