Want to learn how to make Princess Tiana’s Famous Beignets? Here we share Tiana’s Beignet Recipe from the movie the Princess and the Frog.
These delicious beignets are Princess Tiana’s signature dish for her restaurant in the Princess and the Frog movie. But now you can make them at home by following this easy recipe.
Princess Tiana Beignet Recipe in Princess and The Frog
Princess Tiana shows her true credentials as a southern woman in a number of ways. Her advanced beignet making skills establish her firmly as a true New Orleans restauranteur.
Tiana’s mastery of the beignet is fundamental to the success of her restaurant. Beignets feature many times in the Princess and the Frog movie.
Tiana’s creations are described as “man catching beignets”. Yes, these were the early days of the liberation of the Disney Princess. Tiana may have her own restaurant, but her best friend is still stuck in the age of seeing her future as dependent upon a man.
And as they say, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
Anyway, whatever the persuasive powers of this dessert, it tastes really good!
The beignet has a long history – some believe it dates back to Roman times. Others say it has a more recent past and can be traced to the Middle Ages when the Spaniards originally brought the recipe to France.
The Colonists introduced this delicious dessert into Louisiana in the 18th century and they have now become identified most particularly with New Orleans.
Disney Wonder Tiana’s Restaurant Beignets
The best place to enjoy Disney beignets is on the Disney Wonder is Tiana’s own restaurant Tiana’s Place.
They are served on one night in the restaurant as part of your rotational dining service. However, they became so popular they are also available to purchase all day in the Disney Wonder French Quarter Bar.
You can also find delicious beignets in Disneyland. They serve them at the Cafe Orleans Restaurant if you want a sit-down experience. You can also find them at the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square.
If you are visiting Disney World in Orlando you can find beignets in Scat Cat Club’s Cafe.
Princess Tiana’s Beignet Recipe
Here is the recipe if you want to make Tiana’s Princess and the Frog Beignets Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups bread flour, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar for dusting
- Stir together the warm water, sugar, and yeast, in a large mixing bowl. Let sit and dissolve for 5 to 10 minutes, until smooth.
- Add the eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix on low with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add 3 cups of the flour, one cup at a time. Add the butter and continue to mix on low until the dough is sticky, but smooth, Add the remaining flour and mix until just combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight. The dough will rise as it chills.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/8 think, and slice into 2-inch squares.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch over of electric fryer until the temperature reaches 375 F.
- Place a few of the uncooked beignets in the hot oil and fry them, turning once, until they are puffy and golden brown on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the beignets from the oil and place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Transfer the beignets to a serving dish and dust with a light layer of powdered sugar. Repeat with the remaining dough squares. Once all the beignets are done, add a generous dusting of powdered sugar and serve.
The Tiana’s Place version serves these with chocolate sauce for a completely indulgent experience!
You may also enjoy these Disney Cruise Recipes which includes the very popular Palo Chocolate Souffle Recipe.
This recipe is from the delightful Entertaining with Disney book. This book is beautifully presented with lots of recipes and ideas for Disney themed entertaining.
Are you going to try out this Princess Tiana’s beignet recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook
This post contains affiliate links – if you click on them and make a purchase I may receive a small payment for referring you – see our Disclosure Policy