The announcement that many have been anxiously awaiting was finally made!
Disney Cruise line is relaxing its requirements for mask-wearing on its ships.
The new rules come into effect for departures from US Ports March 11, 2022.
This is the announcement on the Disney Website.
This means that masks will no longer be required either indoors or outdoors with certain exceptions:
- Guests under 5 who can’t be vaccinated have to wear a mask in the Kids Clubs and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- All guests must wear a mask in the Walt Disney Theatre.
- There may still be requirements to wear a mask in ports where local government requires this
Interestingly the requirement doesn’t seem to extend to the Buena Vista Theatre.
How to Be a Disney Cruise Packing Expert
This was the email that has been shared with guests already booked to sail:
All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. Considering recently updated guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we have updated our face covering requirements for sailings originating from a U.S. port of departure, including your upcoming sailing:
- For sailings beginning March 11, 2022, face coverings on Disney Cruise Line will become optional in most indoor locations throughout our ships. Guests ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, will still be required to wear face coverings in the Walt Disney Theatre.
- Guests under 5 years of age who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings in Youth Activities spaces and in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique; and, while not required, we continue to strongly recommend these Guests wear a face covering in all other indoor locations.
- As previously shared, face coverings are not required in outdoor locations while onboard our ships.
What do you think of this news?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DISNEY CRUISES?
We have decades of experience sailing on Disney cruises and have written hundreds of guides to help you get the most out of your vacation!
Here are some you will find helpful:
Alison Meacham is the founder of EverythingMouse Disney Blog. For over 15 years she has shared her love of Disney Parks, Disney Cruises and Universal Orlando. In over 30 years of Disney Travel she has spent countless months in Disney Parks and has sailed on over 45 cruises. A British native and now a United States resident she splits her time between California, Florida and the UK. And spends a serious amount of time sailing the seven seas. She helps over 200,000 people per month follow their Disney travel dreams.