There are a number of choices for your Disney Wonder Embarkation Lunch.
You can go to Cabanas Buffet on Deck 9, but did you also know that there is a sit-down lunch available as soon as you board the Disney Wonder?
Here we will look at what is available including the buffet and the embarkation lunch at Triton’s so you can decide which is the best for you.
Disney Cabanas Embarkation Lunch
One thing is for sure. You will never be short of food on a Disney Cruise.
Cabanas is the name of the buffet on all the Disney Ships with the exception of Disney Wish. On this new Disney Cruise Ship the buffet is Marceline Market.
The first thing that most guests do when they board the Disney Wonder is head to the Cabanas Buffet!
You will usually enter the ship on Deck 3 mid-ship so simply take the elevator, or the stairs if you are feeling energetic, up to Deck 9.
The Disney Wonder is a really easy ship to find your way around once you get used to the layout.
The Cabanas Buffet is aft on the pool deck.
Both the left and the right-hand side of the buffet line will be open on embarkation day.
Usually, there isn’t much of a difference in the length of the line, but if I was to guess I would say pick the left.
People have a natural tendency to go to the right.
The first thing you will notice is that there are sinks outside the entrance to Cabanas.
There will also be a Cast Member there welcoming you and checking that you wash your hands.
This is really important for everyone so that you have your best chance of staying healthy on your cruise.
The buffet is set out in a line. It is in sections, so you can jump back in at any point, but just be courteous to others!At this point, you will still have your carry on luggage with you. The tables inside Cabanas on the Disney Wonder are pretty close together. Just make sure you consider others and don’t block the aisles too much.
Remember that if the inside is crowded, as it will be on embarkation day unless you are one of the first to board, there are plenty of tables outside on the pool deck.
One of the nicest places to sit is right out at the back of the ship – just go out of the back door at Cabanas.
A little known secret is that there are also some tables out on Deck 10 at the back of the ship.
It is rare that people go up there, particularly on the first day.
The only problem is that you do have to walk up the stairs with your plate and drink – it can be a difficult balancing act!
When you enter the line at Cabanas Buffet you will see that the first items are hot cooked items.
You can enter at the left or the right and it’s the same either side.
The whole of the buffet is a U Shape – so don’t forget to look at what is at the end of the line as well.
This is where you will find the specialty items which they rotate every day – such as Asian and Mexican influenced food.
This is also where you will find the desserts!
The desserts are not self serve, like the rest of the buffet.
I actually think this is a good thing as it saves a lot of calories.
At the side of each line, you will find the salads and seafood items.
There are many other options for lunch on the pool deck in addition to the Cabanas Buffet.
- Pinnochio’s Pizzeria offers great pizzas including gluten-free and vegan options. This is next to the Goofy Pool. It is great to enjoy a slice of pizza and watch Funnel Vision.
- Pete’s Boiler Bites is the place for burgers, fries, hot dogs and tacos. Located on the pool deck just by the slide.
- Daisy’s Delites. This is one of my new favorite places to eat on Disney Wonder. It is located near the Mickey pool and offers sandwiches, salads and healthy options.
- Eye Scream. Here you can get as much soft-serve ice cream as you could possibly eat. If you want a Dole Whip these are also available for extra cost.
Disney Wonder Embarkation Lunch at Tiana’s Place
The Disney Wonder Embarkation Lunch is held in Tiana’s Palace restaurant.
This means that as soon as you get on the ship it is literally just a few steps to get to the restaurant.
Most people go straight to the buffet, but I think that Triton’s is a really great option.
It isn’t my favorite Disney Wonder lunch menu, but it is a very relaxing experience to start off your cruise.
We are talking here about the Disney Wonder specifically, but the Disney Cruise embarkation lunch menu is exactly the same for all the ships.
Therefore whether you are sailing on the Disney Wonder, Magic, Dream, or Fantasy the lunch menu is the same.
The only difference is the location of the Embarkation Lunch. These will be as follows:
- Disney Wonder Tiana’s Place
- Disney Dream Animator’s Palate
- Disney Magic Lumiere’s
- Disney Fantasy Animator’s Palate
Disney Cruise Embarkation Lunch Menu
Here is the embarkation menu for all the Disney ships. This is correct as of January 2023:
Sliced Smoked Salmon with Lemon and a Honey-Mustard Dill Sauce
Beef Empanadas with Red Chimichurri
Mixed Salad with Iceberg, Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, and Carrots with a choice of Dressing, Raspberry, Balsamic, Ranch, or Italian Vinaigrette.
From the Kettle
A hearty portion served in individual crocks
Seafood and Chicken Gumbo with Cornbread
Leek and Potato Soup with Soda Bread
Pennette Pasta with Tomato-Basil Provencal Sauce, Goat Cheese, and a Spinach Pesto
Grilled Salmon Salad – Grilled Salmon Filet on tossed Iceberg, Citrus-Marinated Couscous, Spinach, Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers
Muffuletta Sandwich – Olive Salad, Genoa Salami, Mortadella and Provolone Cheese on Muffuletta Bread served with a side of Chips
Chicken Caesar Salad – Marinated, Roasted Chicken Breast served with crisp Romaine Leaves, a Creamy Caesar Dressing, Sea Salt Croutons and shaved Parmesan
Sliced Roast Beef Sirloin – Roasted Beef Sirloin served with a double Baked Potato, Green Beans and a Thyme Red Wine Jus
Cookies ‘N Cream Cheesecake layered on a Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust with Whipped Crea
Carrot Cake layered with Lemon Cream Cheese
Welcome Aboard Sundae – Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Pecan Caramel Cupcake Bits, Butternut Squash Sauce, and Whipped Cream
No Sugar Added Dessert
Chocolate Marquise Bombe – rich Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
Mickey’s Mac ‘N’ Cheese
Golden Chicken Strips with Barbecue Sauce
Minnie’s Mini Burger
Mickey Check Meal – Grilled Chicken Breast with Roasted Red Skin Potatoes and steamed Carrots and fresh Watermelon served with a choice of Low Fat Milk or Water.
Disney Cruise Room Service
If you do not want to eat in the Cabanas Buffet or have a sit-down lunch, you can order Room Service on Embarkation Day.
You do just need to be aware that you won’t get into your stateroom until 1.30.
I like to order the All Hands on Deck for the sail away.
I usually want to be on my verandah for the sail away and it’s great to have a snack as well. Particularly with a glass of champagne in hand!
You can find the Disney Wonder Room Service Menu on the Navigator’s App.
Most items on the Disney Cruise Room Service Menu are free.
Do remember that it is customary to tip your server.
A guideline of at least $1 per plate is given. You can either give cash or you can add a tip onto the slip they will give you to sign.
Disney Cruise Concierge Embarkation Lunch
If you are lucky enough to be sailing as a Disney Cruise Concierge Guest you have another option for your embarkation lunch.
This is an exclusive lunch with an upgraded menu just for Disney Cruise Concierge guests.
If you are a sailing Concierge with Disney Cruises you can go to Enchanted Garden on the Disney Dream and Fantasy.
If you are sailing on the Wonder you can go to Tritons.
On the Disney Magic, the Embarkation Concierge Lunch is in Rapunzel’s Royal Table restaurant.
Of course, you can also dine in the general embarkation lunch location.
Probably you would only do this if you are sailing with non-concierge guests who are not able to dine with you in the concierge-only lunch restaurant.
You can also have snacks in the Concierge Lounge.
Disney Cruise Concierge Embarkation Lunch Menu
- SLICED SMOKED SALMON with Lemon and a Honey-Mustard Dill Sauce
- BEEF EMPANADAS with Red Chimichurri
- MIXED SALAD with Iceberg, Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onions, and Carrots with a choice of Dressing: Raspberry, Balsamic, Ranch, or Italian Vinaigrette
FROM THE KETTLE
a hearty portion served in individual crocks
- SEAFOOD AND CHICKEN GUMBO WITH CORNBREAD
- LEEK AND POTATO SOUP WITH SODA BREAD
- PENNETTE PASTA with Tomato- Basil Provencal Sauce, Goat Cheese, and a Spinach-Pesto
- GRILLED SALMON SALAD Grilled Salmon Filet tossed Iceberg, Citrus-Marinated Couscous, Spinach, Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers
- MUFFULETTA SANDWICH Olive Salad, Genoa Salami, Mortadella, and Provolone Cheese on Muffuletta Bread served with a side o- Chins
- CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD Marinated. Roasted Chicken Breast served with crisp Romaine Leaves, Vine Tomatoes creamy Caesar Dressing, Sea Salt Croutons, and shaved Parmesan
- POACHED LOBSTER SALAD with Spinach, Escarole, Arugula Leaves, Avocado, Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, Shallots, and a Lemon-Flat Leaf Parsley Dressing
- ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms, Parsnip Purée, Cabernet Wine Black Truffle Reduction, and crisp Celeriac Chips
- COOKIES ‘N CREAM CHEESECAKE layered on a Chocolate-Graham Cracker Crust with Whipped Cream
- CARROT CAKE layered with Lemon-Cream Cheese
- WELCOME ABOARD SUNDAE Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Pecan-Caramel Cupcake Bites, Butterscotch Sauce, and Whipped Cream
- WARM MOLTEN POT with Homemade Hazelnut Gelato
NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERT
- CHOCOLATE MARQUISE BOMBE Rich Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry sauce
Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and Steak Fries
- MICKEY’S MAC & CHEESE
- GOLDEN CHICKEN STRIPS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE
- MINNIE’S MINI BURGER
- MICKEY CHECK MEAL Grilled Chicken Breast with Roasted Red Skin Potatoes, steamed Carrots, and fresh Watermelon served with a choice of Lowfat Milk or Water
Which Disney Cruise Embarkation Lunch option is your favorite?
Join my Disney Cruise Group for exclusive Tips and Free Giveaways!