To celebrate the release of Disney’s Frozen on DVD we take a look inside the Hotel de Glace – the place which inspired the landscape and look for the movie. Disney Frozen directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, producer Peter Del Vecho and art director Michael Giaimo all visited the Hotel de Glace to return to the place that inspired them to make the movie.
The Hotel De Glace opened in 2001 and is located just 10 minutes from Downtown Québec City. It was the first and is still the only ice hotel in North America. The building starts in December of each year and it opens in early January. It all melts some time around the end of March.
You can stay in the hotel but most just take a tour. For obvious reasons there is no heating inside the Hotel de Glace – guests keep warm with lots of warm clothing and blankets.
The bonus features on Disney’s Frozen are:
The Making Of Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
· D’frosted: Disney’s Journey From Hans Christian Anderson to Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
· Breaking The Ice – The Real Making Of Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
· 4 Deleted Scenes with introduction by Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee
· Original Theatrical Short – “Get A Horse” (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
· “Let It Go” Music Videos by Demi Lovato, Martina Stoessel & Marsha Milan Londoh (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
· Frozen Teaser Trailer (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
The Frozen DVD is now available on Amazon
You may also like:
This post contains affiliate links