Since its iconic debut in the 1980s, Dole Whip has gained immense popularity and legendary status around the different Disney Parks!
In fact, the tasty treat has amassed so many devoted fans throughout the decades that it gets constantly featured on a variety of Disney merchandise.
This post is tailored to provide everything you need to know about Dole Whip at Disney World. We’ll share essential information, comprehensive details, and expert insights into the following:
- Why Dole Whip is a must-try
- Where to find Dole Whip in Disney World
- Ways to enhance your Dole Whip experience
- Dole Whip flavors at Disney World.
Ready to find out what the Dole Whip craze at Disney World is all about?
The Magic of Dole Whip
Dole Whip is basically a soft-serve snack that is produced by the Dole Food Company, which is most famous for its fruit production in the United States!
It primarily refers to a specific Pineapple flavor, but there are other variations available throughout several Disney locations.
Dole Whip was born out of the partnership that formed between the Dole Food Company and the Walt Disney Company back in 1976.
Products such as fresh pineapple spears and Dole-brand pineapple juice started selling at the parks in this period.
During its initial years under the Dole sponsorship, Disney World started getting creative by serving up traditional vanilla soft-serve ice cream topped with the brand’s signature pineapple.
This is what inspired Dole to create a non-dairy mix that could withstand the Florida heat better than traditional ice cream!
From 1984 to 1986, Dole Whip quickly became one of the most iconic iced treats and Disney World exclusives.
Eventually, it became a welcome addition to the Disneyland scene at The Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland!
Key Locations for Dole Whip in Disney World
Each spot at Walt Disney World can have different Dole Whip versions but you can rest assured that they will also offer the original. You can find it in certain locations seasonally as well.
To help make your search more convenient, we’ve compiled a list of the major Dole Whip locations in Disney World that you can easily find:
Magic Kingdom Dole Whip Spots
- Aloha Isle Refreshments – Aloha Isle is considered the main spot to get yourself a nice serving of Dole Whip in Magic Kingdom!
It is located next to Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin in Adventureland
- Storybook Treats – Storybook Treats is situated near Friar’s Nook and Princess Fairytale Hall, opposite the carousel.
You can find special creations such as the Rapunzel Sundae and the Aurora Cone that incorporate Dole Whip
- Sunshine Tree Terrace – Sunshine Tree Terrace can be found on the right side of the path into Adventureland, opposite the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.
They serve orange Dole Whip and other flavors depending on the occasion.
Dole Whip at EPCOT and Other Parks
- Refreshment Outpost (EPCOT) – The Refreshment Outpost can be located on the path between the Germany and China pavilions. This spot is where you can get a classic Pineapple Dole Whip!
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Animal Kingdom) – When heading into Africa, you can find Dole Whip sold at Tamu Tamu Refreshments.
It’s right across from Dawa Bar, and visitors can either get a Dole Whip Cup or Dole Whip Float (Pineapple juice with Dole Whip) with the option to add dark or coconut rum to the mix
- Trilo-Bites (Animal Kingdom) – Looking for a little diversity in your Dole Whip flavors? You can get a Dole Whip orange at Trilo-Bites! It can be seen right before the main entrance of Dinoland USA.
- Happy Landings Ice Cream (Typhoon Lagoon Water Park) – At Happy Landings Ice Cream, you can buy a Pineapple Upside Down Cone.
It’s a vanilla soft-serve and Dole Whip swirl served over vanilla cake with a white chocolate-dipped cone, caramelized pineapple, and cherry
- Snack Shack (Typhoon Lagoon Water Park) – Snack Shack is known for serving the unique Kungaloosh Kooler: Dole Whip strawberry with a blend of Myers’s Original Dark Rum, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Bols Blackberry Brandy Liqueur, Minute Maid Orange Juice, and a touch of Fanta Strawberry
- Warming Hut (Blizzard Beach Water Park) – Warming Hut can be found inside Blizzard Beach Water Park. It’s an excellent place to have a classic Dole Whip swirled with vanilla!
Resort Locations Offering Dole Whip
From mouthwatering desserts to tropical delights served in souvenirs, there are plenty of themed Dole Whip items in alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties around the different Disney World Resorts!
Here are the incredible establishments where you and your family can get some refreshing Dole Whip:
- BoardWalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas (Disney’s BoardWalk)
- Contempo Café (Disney’s Contemporary Resort)
- Good’s Food to Go (Disney’s Old Key West Resort)
- Barefoot Pool Bar and Oasis Bar & Grill (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort)
- Pineapple Lanai (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort)
- Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort)
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort)
- Backstretch Pool Bar (Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa)
- Landscape of Flavors (Disney’s Art Of Animation Resort)
- Everything Pop Food Court (Disney’s Pop Century Resort)
- Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar (Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort).
Seasonal and Special Flavors Locations
Dole Whip has some excellent limited-time variations depending on the season and location in Walt Walt Disney World.
During the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT, there are different spots that pop up throughout the park!
The Dole Whip with coconut rum is one of the most popular treats that you can get from the Pineapple Promenade Booth.
At Disney Springs, specialty items such as Dole Whip Nachos are occasionally available.
Places like Swirls on the Water even offer a Dole Whip Sampler, Blood Orange Mimosa Float, and Orange Bird Nest; Dole Whip orange, sprinkles, and whipped cream served in a waffle bowl.
Maximizing Your Dole Whip Experience
The best time to enjoy a delicious Dole Whip at Disney World is when the Florida heat gets intense.
There’s nothing more refreshing than having a cool and fruity soft-serve treat to beat the sun!
If you want to avoid long lines, spots like Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom allow you to use mobile orders for your Dole Whip needs.
Aside from a hot and sunny summer day, some of the best ways to enjoy the treat are while checking out the parades or while looking in awe at the fireworks shows with your loved ones.
Dole Whip Variations and Innovations
A few notable offerings in the ever-expanding lineup of alternative Dole Whip flavors are cherry, orange, lemon, raspberry, lime, watermelon, mango, and strawberry.
Since its inception, there have been many creative Dole Whip developments such as Disney character treats, alcoholic beverage concoctions, and limited specialties.
Some of the latest Dole Whip innovations you can try at Walt Disney World include:
- Dole Whip Cupcake ($5.79) – A yellow cupcake loaded with Dole Whip pineapple mousse garnished with a cherry! Sold at the Contempo Café in Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Key Lime Swirl ($4.99) – A Dole Whip lime and vanilla swirl that is topped with graham cracker crumbs. Sold at Good’s Food to Go in Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
- The Voyager ($15) – Dole Whip blended with Bold Blue Curaçao Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut.
Sold at Barefoot Pool Bar and Oasis Bar & Grill in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Olu Mel Dole Whip ($6.79) – Dole Whip lime that is topped with edible flowers, crisp pearls, glitter, and white chocolate ‘Olu Mel décor. Sold at the Pineapple Lanai in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Apart from Mickey-shaped snacks and iconic churros, Dole Whip is one of the most legendary and beloved snacks in all of Walt Disney World.
Its rich and colorful history is synonymous with the rapid growth and expansion of Walt Disney World as a whole!
Whether it’s your first or hundredth time at Disney World, there’s nothing more satisfying than a cold and yummy Dole Whip on a hot Florida day.
But regardless of the weather, it’s a must-try for every visit to the resorts or parks. Check out our complete Dole Whip guide above to find the easiest ways to score one!
The price of Dole Whip cups at Walt Disney World starts at $5 to $6, while alcoholic versions can get more than $13.
If you want to try different flavors, you can get a shareable flight for around $7 at Swirls on the Water at Disney Springs.
Yes. Fruit-flavored variations of Dole Whip such as orange, lime, and pineapple are vegan and gluten-free. However, the vanilla soft-serve produced by Dole is not. Keep in mind that menus indicating “pineapple soft-serve” without the name Dole may also not be vegan.
Aside from the timeless taste and flavor of Dole Whip, some of the best pineapple treats you should try at Walt Disney World include Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pineapple, Castaway Crush, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Pongu Lumpia, Spikey Pineapple, and many more.
Alison Meacham is the founder of EverythingMouse Disney Blog. For over 15 years she has shared her love of Disney Parks, Disney Cruises and Universal Orlando. In over 30 years of Disney Travel she has spent countless months in Disney Parks and has sailed on over 45 cruises. A British native and now a United States resident she splits her time between California, Florida and the UK. And spends a serious amount of time sailing the seven seas. She helps over 200,000 people per month follow their Disney travel dreams.