There are many perks to sailing concierge with Disney Cruise Lines, and the upgrades start as soon as you board the ship.
There is an option to go to the embarkation lunch which is exclusively offered to concierge guests.
If you are not sailing concierge you also have the option of a sit down restaurant lunch, but there is a slightly different menu and it will be served in a different dining location.
Here is the information that you get in your stateroom about the various perks that sailing Concierge on a Disney Cruise Offers.
Where is Concierge Lunch Served on Embarkation Day?
Each ship has a different location for where the concierge lunch is served. These were correct at the time of writing but they do sometimes change. It really doesn’t change the experience as all the restaurants have something different to offer, but this is primarily about the food, and getting to know your concierge team.
If you are in any doubt where it is then always ask a Cast Member on board and they will help you.
- Disney Magic – Rapunzel’s Royal Table
- Disney Wonder – Tritons
- Disney Dream – Royal Palace
- Disney Fantasy – Royal Court
- Disney Wish – 1923
Lunch is served until 2 pm on each of the Disney ships.
You do of course have the option to go to the buffet instead of to the sit down lunch, however, this really is a much nicer experience, just to sit down, relax and enjoy some great food.
You also have complimentary drinks, including wine, and alcohol, served at the Concierge Lunch.
You can have a very similar menu even if you are not sailing concierge, but this one has the Poached Lobster Salad, the Roasted Beef Tenderloin and the Warm Molten Pot as additions.
Disney Cruise Concierge Embarkation Lunch Menu
- SLICED SMOKED SALMON with Lemon and a Honey-Mustard Dill Sauce
- BEEF EMPANADAS with Red Chimichurri
- MIXED SALAD with Iceberg, Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onions, and Carrots with a choice of Dressing: Raspberry, Balsamic, Ranch, or Italian Vinaigrette
FROM THE KETTLE
a hearty portion served in individual crocks
- SEAFOOD AND CHICKEN GUMBO WITH CORNBREAD
- LEEK AND POTATO SOUP WITH SODA BREAD
- PENNETTE PASTA with Tomato- Basil Provencal Sauce, Goat Cheese, and a Spinach-Pesto
- GRILLED SALMON SALAD Grilled Salmon Filet tossed Iceberg, Citrus-Marinated Couscous, Spinach, Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers
- MUFFULETTA SANDWICH Olive Salad, Genoa Salami, Mortadella, and Provolone Cheese on Muffuletta Bread served with a side o- Chins
- CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD Marinated. Roasted Chicken Breast served with crisp Romaine Leaves, Vine Tomatoes creamy Caesar Dressing, Sea Salt Croutons, and shaved Parmesan
- POACHED LOBSTER SALAD with Spinach, Escarole, Arugula Leaves, Avocado, Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, Shallots, and a Lemon-Flat Leaf Parsley Dressing
- ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms, Parsnip Purée, Cabernet Wine Black Truffle Reduction, and crisp Celeriac Chips
I particularly enjoy the Poached Lobster Salad.
On our last cruise on Disney Wonder my sister loved the Roasted Beef Tenderloin. My son said that the pasta was fine but not particularly memorable.
- COOKIES ‘N CREAM CHEESECAKE layered on a Chocolate-Graham Cracker Crust with Whipped Cream
- CARROT CAKE layered with Lemon-Cream Cheese
- WELCOME ABOARD SUNDAE Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Pecan-Caramel Cupcake Bites, Butterscotch Sauce, and Whipped Cream
- WARM MOLTEN POT with Homemade Hazelnut Gelato
NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERT
- CHOCOLATE MARQUISE BOMBE Rich Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry sauce
Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and Steak Fries
- MICKEY’S MAC & CHEESE
- GOLDEN CHICKEN STRIPS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE
- MINNIE’S MINI BURGER
- MICKEY CHECK MEAL Grilled Chicken Breast with Roasted Red Skin Potatoes, steamed Carrots, and fresh Watermelon served with a choice of Lowfat Milk or Water
If you are sailing Concierge on a Disney Cruise I highly recommend that you go to the embarkation day lunch.
The experience is very relaxing. The service is excellent and there are relatively few people in the restaurant as of course it is limited to a small number of people sailing concierge.
It is a good chance to meet your concierge team and ask any initial questions that you may have about your cruise experience.
You could of course, go straight to the Concierge Lounge and there will be a member of the team there. Also, there are some snacks and drinks available – and the infamous Disney Concierge Lounge coffee maker. However, I highly recommend that you go to the Concierge Lunch to start off your cruise.
Alison Meacham is the founder of EverythingMouse Disney Blog. For over 15 years she has shared her love of Disney Parks, Disney Cruises and Universal Orlando. In over 30 years of Disney Travel she has spent countless months in Disney Parks and has sailed on over 45 cruises. A British native and now a United States resident she splits her time between California, Florida and the UK. And spends a serious amount of time sailing the seven seas. She helps over 200,000 people per month follow their Disney travel dreams.