If you want you can prepay your Disney Cruise Line Gratuities. However, in order to make this decision, you need to know how much they are, how to do that, and what to do if you don’t prepay.
Here we will give you all the information that you need to decide whether or not to pay for your Disney Cruise tips in advance.
Disney Cruise Line Prepaid Gratuities
Firstly we will look at which of the Disney Cruise Cast Members receive the prepaid gratuities:
- Main Server. This is the main server in your rotational dining restaurant. They are usually outstanding and will help you with anything you need. Always ask them for recommendations from the menu as they know all the dishes and the feedback that they get from guests.
- Assistant Server. This is the server that will get your drinks and who assists your main server.
- Head Server. In each rotational dining restaurant, there are 4 Head Servers. You will always be assigned a Head Server who will come and talk to you every night. They are always available to assist if you have any concerns. They will talk to you about any special dietary needs you have – and you can choose from the menu the night before so they can accommodate you.
- Stateroom Host. This is the incredibly hard-working person who cleans your stateroom every day. They always seem to have a smile no matter what hour of the day. Always ask them if you need anything for your stateroom. They want you to be happy and of course, they will leave you with a towel animal every evening!
Here is your super handy Disney Cruise Line Tip Calculator.
This is for everyone in your stateroom no matter what their age. Children included.
|3 Nights||4 Nights||5 Nights||6 Nights||7 Nights|
These are the recommended amounts and this is what will be charged if you prepay your gratuities with Disney Cruise Line.
Join my Disney Cruise Group for exclusive Tips and Free Giveaways!
How do I Prepay Disney Cruise Line Gratuities?
If you have booked your cruise with a Disney Travel Agent you should contact them directly and they will sort things out for you so that you can pay for the tips before you sail.
If you book directly you can call Disney Cruise Lines at 1 – 800 -951 – 3532 in the US or 1800 965 160 in Australia.
How to Pack Like a Cruise Travel Expert
Are There Any Other People I Need to Tip on a Disney Cruise?
There are other tips that will be charged automatically to your account when you are sailing on a Disney Cruise:
- If you purchase a drink on a Disney Cruise in the restaurant, any bars, or any other dining venue an automatic 18% gratuity will be added. You can add more if you wish.
- If you dine in Palo or Remy it is expected that you will leave a gratuity of approximately 20%. It is of course up to you as to the exact amount that you leave according to how you feel the level of service should be rewarded.
- If you go to a Beverage Tasting it is customary to leave a tip of 18% and upwards. These experiences are usually a whole lot of fun and the Bar Staff that host them are very knowledgeable about their subject.
- Disney Cruise Room Service is mostly free, but you really do need to tip the Cast Member who brings your order to you. You can either do this in cash or add a tip to the delivery slip that they will give you.
- If you are staying with Disney Cruise Concierge you need to tip your Concierge. These people are the best of the best and will help you with anything you need to make your Disney Cruise extra special.
- There is an automatic 18% tip added to all Disney Cruise Spa Services. I admit that this one is the one I struggle with a bit as I know that some people are unaware of this and add an additional tip. This is also added to all Rainforest Room bookings where really there is very little “service” element beyond giving you a wristband at the desk.
What If I Want to Adjust My Disney Cruise Tips When I am Sailing?
It is very easy to change the amount that you have prepaid for your Disney Cruise Line Gratuities.
At any time you can check your Disney Cruise account. You can do this by going to Guest Services or by checking on your Disney Cruise Navigator on your phone.
I suggest you do this every day – sometimes mistakes are made. It is a whole lot easier to sort the mistakes out prior to the last day when the line for Guest Services will be so much longer!
To adjust the amount of tips you just visit Guest Services. They can do this for you.
On the final night of your cruise, you will find some Tipping Envelopes in your stateroom.
You do not have to use these but it can be nice to do this so you can give them to your Server, Assistant Server, Head Server, and Stateroom Attendant.
You will be given envelopes and a printout with the name of the person to whom the tip is going and the amount of the tip.
If you haven’t added an amount with Guest Services you can add some cash to the envelope – this is what I usually do.
I always keep the printout with our Server’s names. This is so that we have a record of who they are so that it is easy to request them next time when we sail again.
Should I Prepay for My Disney Cruise Tips?
Some people prefer to prepay their tips and gratuities for their Disney Cruise as it helps them to budget. Knowing exactly what is going to be charged and pre-paying the tips is the right choice for some guests.
However, you do not have to pay the gratuities before you sail.
If you haven’t already paid your Disney Cruise tips you will be charged for them on board. These will be added to your onboard account.
You can adjust the amount that you pay and always retain control over the total.
Who Not To Tip on a Disney Cruise
There are certain people who are not allowed to accept tips on a Disney Cruise:
- Kids Club and Nursery Staff are not permitted to accept tips or gifts
- Bibbidi Boppidi Boo Staff are not permitted to accept tips or gifts
You may think that this is unfair and wonder how you can reward good service from these and other Cast Members if it isn’t by giving them a tip.
Fortunately, there is a way – and this includes all members of the Disney Cruise Crew.
If you have had great service from any members of the Disney Cruise Cast Members ( and believe me, you really will receive excellent and outstanding service) then recognize these people when you are handing in the survey at the end.
The Disney Cruise Survey really does matter.
If you mention a Cast Member as having made your Cruise extra special they do receive recognition.
Disney Cruise Lines take service extremely seriously so they do reward Cast Members if they receive great feedback.
These perks can include promotions, time off, and perks in the spa. Your opinion really does matter so please always think about the people who have made your Disney Cruise so special.
Join my Disney Cruise Group for exclusive Tips and Free Giveaways!