Wanting to know more about the Disney Cruise Captain’s Dinner?
If you are sailing on a Disney Cruise which is 7 nights or longer, you will have the chance to experience the Captain’s Dinner.
This is the menu that will be served on Formal Night of your Disney Cruise.
Disney Cruise Captain’s Welcome Reception
If you have a Formal Night on your cruise there will be a Captain’s Welcome Reception on that night too.
One of the great things about Formal Night is that Mickie and Minnie, along with some of the other Disney characters, will be in formal dress.
Formal Night is an excellent chance to meet the Captain and the Ship’s officers. They will all be gathered in the atrium for a meet and greet.
The Cocktail Reception is held in the lobby atrium of your Disney Ship. There are free alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks available.
Servers circle around the atrium with a selection of drinks on trays and you can select what you want. This is now one of the only ways to get a free alcoholic drink on a Disney Cruise!
There will be two Captain’s Welcome Receptions on Formal Night for your Disney Cruise. Usually, the Captain’s Welcome Reception starts at 5.15 and 7.30. This means you can go to the Reception and still be on time for dinner.
This is to fit in with the two dinner seatings for the rotational dining restaurants.
Disney Cruise Captain’s Dinner Menu
Captain’s Menu Specialty Cocktail
- Red Carpet – Jim Beam, Cranberry Juice, fresh Lime Juice
- Star-Night – Passion and Pineapple Fruit Juice, Strawberry Puree, and Club Soda
- Tuxedo – Ketel One, Chambord, and Moet Ice
Each different menu on a Disney Cruise has some specialty cocktails which are recommended. I am always very tempted by a Moet Ice.
You are of course free to choose whatever drink you want. Most non alcoholic beverages are included on a Disney Cruise.
Just check with your Assistant Server who is in charge of looking after your drinks order.
You can also choose to have a bottle of wine from the Disney Cruise Wine Package.
Disney Cruise Captain’s Menu Bread Service
- Sour Dough Bread – Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Marinated Tiger Shrimp- With Celery Hearts and Remoulade
- Lightly Breaded Baked Eggplant – Filled with Sweet Ricotta and Mozzarella, served on Toscano Sauce and Drizzled with Aged Balsamic
- Oysters Rockefeller on the Half Shell – With Spinach, Onions, and Bacon, topped with Buttered Breadcrumbs
- Aged Prosciutto – Served with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, and Roasted Garlic
I have to say that Oysters are definitely not my thing – but DH always orders them and says they are really good.
Disney Captains’ Gala Soup & Salad
- Beef Steak Tomato and Vidalia Onion Salad -With Baby Greens, Spring Onions and a Cabernet Wine Vinaigrette
- Braised Oxtail Soup – With Spinach and Roasted Garlic Tortelloni
- Lemon Fennel Salad – With Green Peas, Smoked Salmon, Smoked Trouty, and Crème Fraiche
- White Onion Soup – With Caraway and Smoked Salmon
Disney Cruise Captain’s Dinner Menu Entrees
For many people who are dining on a Disney Cruise, the favorite entree is the lobster. This is only available on the Captain’s Dinner night so make the most of it!
- Oven-Baked Lobster Tail – With Sun-dried Tomato, Lemon Pesto Mash and Roasted Asparagus
However, you know your Disney Cruise Servers just want to make you happy. So if you happen to mention you like lobster this is what will happen…….
The lobster is definitely one of my highlights of. Disney Cruise as I pretty much never eat this any other time. The asparagus are hit or miss depending on the season, but the pesto mash which is served with the lobster is really really good.
- Fettuccine with Parmesan Crusted Chicken – Chicken encrusted in Parmesan Cheese, with Sweet Peppers and Mushrooms in a Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Oven-Roasted Pork Tenderloin – Over Creamy Cheese Polenta with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms and Merlot Reduction
- Pan-Seared Venison Medallions – With Marinated Red Cabbage, Potato Croquettes and a Port Wine and Juniper Reduction
- Roasted Red Snapper – Served on a bed of Fennel, Olives, Sweet Peppers, and Yukon Gold Potato Ragout with Saffron Broth
The Roasted Red Snapper is pretty good, but if you like lobster it really isn’t the best choice of seafood entree for the Captains Dinner.
Vegetarian Captains’ Gala Dinner Entrees
Green Pea and Fava Bean Risotto – Drizzled with Pesto Sauce and Toasted Pine Nuts
Thai Red Pumpkin and Coconut Curry – With Steamed Bok Choy and Sticky Rice
Lighter Note Offerings
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak – Served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Oven Baked Fillet of Salmon – Served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Slow Roasted Breast of Chicken – Served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Smoked Duck Breast Salad – Frisee, Lollo Rosso, Radicchio Leaves with Walnuts and Shredded Apples topped with Smoked Duck Breast and a Creamy Lemon Dressing
Captain’s Gala Menu Disney Cruise Desserts
- Old Fashioned Apple Pie – served warm with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Raspberry Vanilla Crème Brûlée – With Madelines (Gluten Free Without Madelines)
There is often a Creme Brulee on the dessert menu on a Disney Cruise. It’s a pretty safe bet that it will be done well. I enjoy this one as the Raspberry flavor is particularly good.
- Apricot Trio – Vanilla Cheesecake with Apricot Compote, Apricot Tarte Tatin and Apricot Infused Cream
- Warm Chocolate Lava Cake – Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream topped with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
No Sugar Added Dessert Menu
- Apple Pie A La Mode – With No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cheesecake – Baked Cheesecake over a No Sugar Added Vanilla Chocolate Chiffon Sponge Base
Disney Cruise Food Tips
Want to know more about the food and menus on Disney Cruise Ships?
Here are lots of resources to help you discover more about the restaurants, food and menus on a Disney Cruise: